Music and Art
Development Fund „Balsis”
The mandate of the fund is to support activity in the community which is directed at the promotion of music, art, education and culture through supporting the choral movement in Latvia.
Main objectives of the fund are:
Providing organizational and financial support for the youth choir BALSIS through:
Organization of concerts, master classes and seminars;
Collaboration with international cultural institutions;
Provision of concerts, events and recordings arranged by the fund;
Provision of technical basis for funds materials;
- Use of publishing rights to produce and publish sheet music, books, magazines as well as other printed materials;
- Arrangement of various lotteries and games, as well as campaigns for financial self-support;
- Organization of charitable events;
- Organizational and financial management to ensure a sound systematic and financial foundation for reaching targets of the fund.
Highlights of the most important projects organized by the fund in 2011:
- Youth Choir BALSIS’ tour and participation in the 43rd CITTOLOSA International Choral Competition in Tolosa, Spain (October 24 – November 3)
- Youth Choir BALSIS’ concerts on February 14 („Love is two”), April 30 (Big Workbee Day), May 14 (Museum Day) and Christmas concerts on December 22, 23 and 25.
- Youth Choir BALSIS’ participation in the national cultural movement to restore and preserve the Gulbene – Alūksne railway line (performed choral concerts on the trains and in stations and churches along this route between November 12 and December 17).
- Youth Choir BALSIS’ recording and distribution of the first CD in the choir’s „Missa a cappella” series (between 2011-2015 the choir plans to record and release four CDs in this series with the goal of promoting new a cappella Mass settings by Latvian composers).
The fund was established on October 6, 1999. It was registered in the association and foundation register on March 31, 2005.
With the development of our new website, the fund would like to gather information with regards to choral music from our visitors and our community through discussion groups. This is another way in which the Music and Art Development Fund „Balsis” is trying to unite society for a common purpose (which is also the mandate of the fund) – through the promotion and development of choral music in Latvia.
Name: Mūzikas un mākslas attīstības fonds "BALSIS"
Id. No.: 40008045456
Address: Aviācijas iela 7 - 45, Rīga LV 1057
Acc. No.: LV41MARA 0000103325700
Bank: Danske banka